Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Break

So far, so good. We are on day number 4 of our Spring Break. Since we have year round school here, our kids get a 3 week break 3x a year and then a 6 week summer. Our break is only 2weeks this time b/c of the multitude of snow days we have had. Today, e all slept late thanks to the time change. Once groomed and dressed we headed over to our good friend's, the Johnson's. While I helped Margaret "freestyle" her kitchen, the kids, Clayton8,Chris Martin9, Chase(almost7!), Carter5, Owen4 and Macie9, headed out to the backyard decked out in camo gear and play guns to play a little spygame. Avery stayed inside and let Margaret get her girl fix, while I rearranged her newly painted kitchen and eating area. By noon, I headed home with Owen and Avery. Avery went down for a nap and I took Owen to preschool while Stew worked on the computer. Macie was dropped off by a neighbor b/c she was tired of playing with the boys. Once Avery awoke, the girls and I headed to Target for some exchanging and purchasing of bday gifts for Chase. Picked up Owen and headed back to the Johnson's where Chase had been playing all day. I let Owen play outside while I finished up in Margaret's kitchen. Headed home after finally finding Owen at the neighbors(hiding inside with Carter). The kids had a little down time(tv) while I fixed dinner. We ate together and Stew then left for his Monday night business class. Avery, Chase and Owen all bathed and then they all played for awhile in the family room. Tucked Avery in around 7:15 while the others played the wii. Now M,C and O are cleaning my baseboards with baby wipes for fun! Ha, I have lots more fun where that came from, like folding clothes, taking out trash, wiping down counters. All in all it was a pretty busy day. Nothing hugely eventful or memorable but full nonetheless. No major catastrophes or sibling arguments so in my book, that's a good day! Stay tuned for more Spring Break madness!!

1 comment:

Melissa Balda said...

Thats awesome with school year round! what is your schedule like? We start in September and end in June - 180 days. Sounds like your day was pretty filled. Its always fun helping a friend at their house. Keep posting the pictures - I love seeing everyone!