Friday, March 21, 2008

Chase's BIG Day!


All kids are excited about their birthdays.  Chase has been doubly excited because we would be in Florida to celebrate.  The boys spent most of the day swimming in Mimi and Pop's pool.  Macie lounged around reading and catching up from the late night before.  Stew took the boys to the park while Avery napped and Macie ran errands with Mimi.  The boys came back and they all just hung out for awhile.  Some of Mimi and Pop's friends came over so we visited for a bit.  Then we had Chase's birthday dinner of pigs in a blanket, corn pudding, baked beans and cole slaw.  We topped it off with a fabulous Oreo ice cream cake and the opening of presents.  Two of his favorites were his new Nintendo Gameboy and his Kentucky watch.  He was quite pleased with his new digital camera too. The boys jumped in for more swimming until they were all ready to collapse.  From the late night, swimming, park and partying, we were all ready to collapse.  And we did.  

It's so hard to believe that he is 7 years old.  I can remember the day he was born and the joy I felt holding my new baby boy.  I still feel that joy every time he laughs or makes a joke.  Every time he smiles at me or asks me to lay with him just a little bit longer.  Every time he says "Mama"  and flashes me those big brown eyes and dimples.  Happy Birthday Chaser Racer!  I love you more than you will ever know.

2 comments:

Melissa Balda said...

Happy Birthday Chase!!

n8 said...

YEAH! Happy Birthday, Chase. The Stoner Six