Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tween and Toddler

After the fit that Macie threw this morning about what she was wearing to church, I'd venture to say we are heading into new territory. The foot stomping, eye rolling, huffing and door slamming territory. I'm really not sure I'm ready for this, especially this early. Doesn't 9 1/2 seem a bit young?? Couple this with the monumental tantrums that Avery has been throwing and we are definitely at a hormonal high and we haven't even hit puberty or the terrible two's! All I can ask for is patience and lots of it.



I seriously don't remember being like that as a pre-teen. I'm sure I did my fair share of eye-rolling and tantrum throwing at their ages, but the indignance that comes along with it makes me want to scream. You can just tell that they think we are out to make them miserable! Hopefully I can muster the calm from within to try and deal with them both in a reasonable manner. Then again, what is reasonable about a tween and a toddler?

No comments: