Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stressed

OK, I'm a little stressed. Stew and I are traveling to Atlanta to attend Uncle Frank's funeral and we are leaving the kids. I know people do this everyday but I don't. In the 9+ years I have been a mom, I can count the number of times I've left them on one hand. I've absolutely never left Avery. Between our long time babysitter Lindsey, and a friend and her daughter, I know they will be well cared for. Probably better off knowing they can survive without me but it still feels strange. I won't even go into my crazy thoughts about flying on a plane without them! I keep running all the scenarios through my head making sure I've covered all my bases. We will be barely be gone 24 hours yet I am uncomfortable and we aren't even leaving until Thursday morning! Maybe this is God telling me I am right where I need to be in life, taking care of my family. Or maybe I'm just an overprotective control freak. I think I'll go with the former.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I know that you're already there now and I'm sure it all is going fine, but I feel for you. I am the same way. Sometimes, for whatever reason, you gotta go. But chances lie heavy on your side that all will work out well. Why is it so hard? I don't know, but I'd be worried if it were easy!

In two weeks, I'll be in the same boat (and you'll be right there with me!)