Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Big O




Is it possible for a 4 year old to be a stalker? I go from room to room with a constant shadow. Owen literally follows me everywhere. I tell him to find something to do and he says, "I am, I'm watching you." I tell him to find a toy and he says "I'd rather just be with you." He watches me clean, cook, bathe, eat, sometimes he even comes to my bed at night and just stands there. You name it, he's there. Aside from all the stalking, he is also a motormouth. He asks me so many questions and tells me so many stories I sometimes feel like my head will explode! It's like he's trying to figure out the world out loud. I sometimes tell him my ears are in time out and need a break just so I can have some peace and quiet. His preschool teacher told me he was hard to figure out b/c he was so shy and quiet in class. I had to laugh b/c this certainly is not the Owen that lives with me. He does give the best hugs and kisses and constantly tells me how much he loves me. He has the sweetest brown eyes and a grin that will surely get him into and out of a lot of trouble. His true belly laugh is to die for. Occasionally I get annoyed with all the "watching" and "talking" but someday I know I will yearn for him to be close to me. For now I'll just let him watch me and talk all he wants and hope it lasts just a little bit longer.

1 comment:

Melissa Balda said...

He sounds like a neat kid! Hopefully some day we can get together and have our children meet each other. With the way you have described your children, I know my girls would love them!
Thanks for sharing so much! I love it!
Love, Melissa