Saturday, May 8, 2010

In a funk

I admit it, I'm in a funk. I'm struggling. It may seem like a surprise to many because I really do put on a good front. I'm just feeling really beaten down by the people around me lately. Not the ones close to me or even the ones that really matter but by people in general. Part of my problem too is that I have such a small group of people to lean on and none of them are here. Locally I have one or two people and our lives are so busy that it seems we never get the chance. I long for a neighborhood where people are supportive of each other instead of always tearing each other down. I can't even drive down my street without feeling anger, hostility or judgment towards me and from me. I know I need to move on and just focus on God and his plan but it's just so hard. I feel like I am constantly being evaluated for how I look and what I do. I feel myself retreating into my home and just trying to keep everyone safe from all the outside crap. I will sort it out, I always do, I just need to get my head on straight and my heart full again.

1 comment:

susan said...

yeah, i feel ya ma..... it bugs me too, i try not to say anything though.