Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Snow

I had forgotten about this poem that Chase wrote in second grade until I was telling a friend about it. His class had a poetry day in May and each child memorized a poem and also wrote one. All the kids did a great job but Chase's poem really stood out. Many parents came up to me and even said what a different poem that was, especially for an 8 year old. I called Stew immediately and told him. Of course he said, "are you sure he didn't get it from someone else?" I assured him that it came straight from Chase. Here it is...

Snow

We're under the sky,
right below,
the falling flakes,
the twinkling snow.

It's beautiful,
in every way,
why today is my lucky day.

It is so beautiful and bright,
We're here tonight,
seeing such a lovely sight.

Now I wish you were here to see
what stands before me.

by, Chase Parker May 2009

No comments: