Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bye Bye Bogey






We took Bogey to meet his new family tonight. Although it was heartwrenching, it was good to see him with his new playmate, 9 month old Dora lab mix. They got along well and it made me feel better knowing he would have a friend. He'll also have 2 other friends of the feline variety. Not sure what he'll think but given his friendly demeanor, I'm sure he'll be just fine. I'm so appreciative to Don and Lyla for giving him a new home and an opportunity to just be a dog without all the restrictions we would have had to place on him here. We made our exit fairly quickly because I was afraid I might not follow through. Macie sobbed the entire way home. Chase cried but was pretty quiet. Owen was at a party so he had a good distraction. Avery just kept asking Macie what was the matter. She really got me tonight though when I was rocking her. She said "we have to go get Bogey." I said, "no, we aren't going to get Bogey." She said "we go get Bogey later." I just hugged and kissed her and cried.

1 comment:

Molly said...

This sucks Susan. I'm so sorry.

Bogey is so darn lucky to have had you get him started in this world and I know you're blessed to have had him a bit, too.

You're all in my thoughts. Hope to talk soon.

Love,
Molly