Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wisdom

With age comes wisdom, or so they say. This morning Chase was sitting with Avery in her favorite chair. They have quite a bond, sort of like kindred spirits. I said to him, "what would you do without your baby sister?" "Well," he said, "you know I prayed for her, that's how I know God is real. If you can prove something then you don't have faith." He's so much farther with his relationship with God than I was at that age. Sometimes he's farther than I feel now. Interestingly, one of the definitions for faith is "a firm belief in something for which there is no proof."(merriam-webster online dictionary). He is wise beyond his years.

2 comments:

Molly said...

There is no truth like one so matter-of-factly and confidently spoken from someone so young. If only it was always so simple for the rest of us. Love it!!

Macie said...

either he is wise beyond his years or he just pays attention during kings kids! Mrs. B said those exact words! Oh the wisdom!