Thursday, February 14, 2008

Homecoming


As many of you know, my best friend Tiffany's husband has been deployed to Talil, Iraq since May. He is a medivac helicopter pilot. They have four children, Briggs(8), Gage(3) and twin girls, Campbell and Emerson(19 months). I spoke with Tiffany lastnight as she was on her way to the airport to pick up Tim for a 2 week leave. She sounded like a giddy teenager on her way to a first date. I asked her if she was nervous and she said she was. How strange it must be to see your spouse for the first time in so long. Something we surely all take for granted on a daily basis. I know I do. So much has changed at home as I'm sure so much has changed for Tim from what he has witnessed over the last 9 months. I just wanted to wish them a Happy Valentine's Day from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad you are back where you belong. Not much longer and you'll be back for good!

1 comment:

n8 said...

Thanks for the post. It was so amazing and weird to see him after so long. I cannot wait until he is home for good. I love the picture by the way. Tiffany