Wednesday, October 31, 2012


Just wanting to share how thankful I am for Macie.  She and I butt heads and have our fair share of arguments.  She doesn't always tell me the truth and she definitely doesn't clean up after herself.  She thinks I am too hard on her and gets annoyed with my nagging.  As much as we don't always seem on the same page I can honestly say that she is a fabulous person.  Nothing specific brought me to this conclusion.  No great act or amazing moment.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  During the times when she's talking to me and telling me about her friends, boys, school, whatever...I realize what a good head she has on her shoulders.  She doesn't always make the right decisions but so far she makes good ones on things that count.  She is different than other teenagers in that she can see outside of her little world and how her actions and words affect others.  Sometimes she saves the ugly stuff for me but I'm fine with that.  I see how she treats others and listen to her talk about people we know and know that she is going to do great things.  Her personality is quirky and dorky and she's fine with it.  She is absolutely fine with who she is and makes no apologies for being herself.  She doesn't have some huge social network of friends.  The friends she has are good people and treat her well.  If they don't she moves on.  She is a no drama girl and these days that is hard to find.

No comments: