Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Sometimes they take you by surprise and let you know that you are doing something right.  This is a poem that Macie wrote for me on mother's day.  It brought a tear to my eye and smile to my heart.  I love this girl.

More than a friend or protector,
better than any other, 
my guardian angel.

Lending an ear,
spreading kindness, and being there,
through the good and bad.

Helping my through my mistakes,
making her own,
and still having the strength and courage 
to get back up and try.

Life has its ups and downs, 
but one thing remains constant.
Mom


We enjoyed a beautiful day together.  The kids (and Stew) made me breakfast.  We all went to church and then came home to work in the yard.  Scott, Laurie and Andrew came out for dinner.  It was lovely.  I am certain there was a time in my life I thought I'd never get to this point.  They have all grown and changed so much.  They are just great kids and I am so blessed that they are mine.  

No comments: