Wednesday, December 30, 2009

updates






Awhile back, I asked Stew if he would help me install a backsplash over Christmas break. He painfully agreed. Stew is not the guy who likes to do this kind of work. Ask him to play ball with the kids, he's your man. Fold laundry, clean-up after dinner, taxi the kids around, play a game, he's your man. Home renovation and updating, not so much. He's more than happy to write a check to the person that will do all the work for you. I, on the other hand, enjoy this kind of thing. I don't come by it honestly. Neither of my parents had any clue when it came to this kind of thing. I really didn't either but after owning 4 homes, you kind of figure out how things work. Part of me likes figuring out the mechanics of a project while the other part enjoys it as a creative outlet. I will tackle just about anything within reason. It seems that whenever Stew and I do a project together things don't go as planned. The end result is always good but the means by which we get there is always difficult. This project went amazingly well! The pieces fit, we worked together, the kids cooperated. Barring a minor trip to the ER when Avery fell off a stool and had to get 4 staples in her head, it went off without a hitch! We even bought a wet saw and still have all our fingers! Most importantly, we did it together. Stew even said he wants to try tiling Avery's bathroom! 2010 is off to a good start!

ps-thanks papa sam for paying for our supplies!
pss-avery is one tough cookie. she cried for about 30 seconds. staples come out on Monday and she has been initiated into the "club" as Macie calls it.

2 comments:

susan said...

well, DUH its a club!!! i mean it was only a matter of time before one of us had to go to the e.r. again! its about time!

Macie said...

sry, both of the posts r by me. macie.