Sunday, June 8, 2008

Forever Friends

I am not one that has many friends. That is not to say that I don't know a lot of people, but true friends who get to know me deep down are hard to come by for me. Nancy is one of those friends. We met the first day of high school in our freshman chorus class. She is just one of those people that you automatically feel comfortable and safe with. She has stood by me through thick and thin--trust me I wasn't always the best friend. She has seen me at my best and comforted me through my worst. She is someone that I can go for months without talking to and then call her and start giggling like we did back in high school.

Nancy is married to a great guy. Jim has fit in since day one. Always quick with his wit, great with the kids and eager to lend a hand. So much like Stew, I'm sure that's why I liked him right off the bat. They traveled from Chicago for their first visit to St Louis since our wedding almost 12 years ago!!!!! They have 3 kids, Ashley(7), Jimmy and Jessica(3 1/2).

We all had such a great time. Macie and Ashley hit it off and they allowed Owen to tag along with them most of the time. Jimmy found his new best friend in Chase. He literally wanted to know where Chase was at every moment. Chase gladly obliged and took him under his wing. Jessica just goes with the flow. She is sweet, cuddly and gentle(unless she's punching her brother!!) It was a whirlwind weekend of swimming indoors and out, going to "Monkey Joe's" bounce place, Red Robin, the top of the Gateway Arch(Nancy, Avery and I stayed firmly on the ground), eating on The Landing, and playing at our house. We really couldn't have asked for a better weekend together and can't wait to do it again!

Next time we are hoping to get our friends, Tina and Natalie and their families together too. As the kids get older it becomes more difficult to coordinate everyone's schedules. I am so glad we finally did. I know it was a long drive, but so well worth it to see our kids enjoying the fruits of our friendship.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could not have described our weekend together any better. We all had an amazing time and were sad to leave. I miss you already and am for certain we will not wait so long till the next visit. I loved watching our kids together and wished we lived closer. You truely are a friend forever. Love You - Nancy